Back to main menu | to historical-architechtural sights
10à Virmens'kyi Rynok (the ruins are underground)
During the XVI-XVII ñenturies,
the Armenian community in Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyi was the largest. In 1572, there
were only 60 Armenian families in L'viv, in Kamyanets' - near 300.
In 1496, Yan Àl'breht confirmed the rights and benefits, given to the Armenians in the previous years and let them administer justice according to the Armenian laws and through their viyt. In 1574, Genrih Valua confirmed the rights of the Armenians and ordered to Kamyanets' seniorman, burgomaster and councillors not to take the Armenians over their authority and let them administer justice in their court. In 1576, Stephan Batoriy legalized the order of election of viyt and judges. In 1604, Sygizmund III let them build a new town hall, as the previous one had burnt down during a fire.
Ïåòðîâ Ì.Á. Â³ðìåíè íà Ïîä³ëë³.-Ê.-Ï.,1995.-Ñ.13-14.
by Yana Anufriyeva
mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org